Thursday, May 10, 2007

Everything is going to be OK

I had the bike towed to the BMW dealership by this guy Dave that has towed my bike before. Nicest guy ever.

So over the phone, the BMW guys say that it will take a week just to look at the bike. Dang.

....but when I arrived with Dave I got the VIP treatment and they are going to fix it tonight and hopefully I will be on the road tomorrow.

Dave is cool. He is like the P.Diddy of motorcycle towers or something. He got me hooked up.

http://davescycle.com/

At the end of the trip when it is time to pay, he says some hippy stuff like "I hope you had a wonderful enriching experience. That'll be $50" Total deadpan delivery.

It turns out that I had blown out the "oil window", which is the clear round window that you can check your oil levels by looking into. When I was trying to diagnose the problem on my own I was just looking blankly at the bottom of the bike thinking "Dang all the oil fell out".

Then I got to BMW and the guy pointed it out to me. It was pretty much a giant round hole in the engine. Which explains perfectly the gallons of oil all over my boots and pants. Buhhhh. Sorry I don't have a picture of this.



Tomorrow : I will attempt to travel BEYOND PINE ST.!!!!!!!!! dun dun dunnnnn....

3 comments:

Mike said...

There may not be anything beyond Pine St.....

Anonymous said...

well at least you had options...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=en&q=bars&near=pine+street,+sf+ca&ie=UTF8&z=17&om=1

Anonymous said...



http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=en&q=bars&near=pine+street,+sf+ca&ie=UTF8&z=17&om=1